Skip to the content
Continuing Medical Education
- Illinois State Medical Society - Medical Licensure and CME Information for physicians
- American Medical Assocation - To help physicians maintain, develop and increase the knowledge, skills and professional performance and relationships they use to provide services for patients, the public and the profession, the AMA offers physician resources that include a wide range of continuing medical education (CME) activities that foster physician lifelong learning.
- Association of American Medical Colleges - A list of professional development opportunities through the AAMC.
- University of Illinois - The University of Illinois College of Medicine is an accredited provider of American Medical Association (AMA) Physician's Recognition Award (PRA) Category 1TM credits (AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™).
- Illinois Academy of Family Physicians - The Illinois Academy of Family Physicians is accredited by the Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Continuing Medical Education at Alexian Brothers Health System - The Continuing Medical Education Consortium is fully accredited by the Illinois State Medical Society and is one of the largest providers of Continuing Medical Education in Illinois. Continuing Medical Education is designed to assist physicians to enhance their knowledge, skills, and attitudes with the ultimate goal of improving the quality of medical care and patient outcomes. Other licensed medical professionals are also welcome to attend these physician education activities.
- Illinois Alliance for Continuing Medical Education - The Illinois Alliance is a non-profit, professional association dedicated to serving the needs of continuing medical education professionals. Continuing medical education refers to the ongoing education and training provided to healthcare professionals in order for them to both maintain their certification and licensure and improve the quality of care they deliver.
- The Council on Continuing Medical Education - A resource for physicians seeking CME credits and other professional development opportunities.
- National Health Services Corps (NHSC) - The NHSC Loan Repayment Program offers fully trained primary care physicians (MD or DO), primary care nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, primary care physician assistants, dentists, dental hygienists and certain primary care behavioral and mental health clinicians up to $50,000 to repay student loans in exchange for two years serving in a community-based site in a high-need Health Professional Shortage Area that has applied to and been approved by the NHSC as a service site.
Graduate Medical Education
- Loretto Hospital - Loretto Hospital’s training programs are designed to offer in-depth education, practical knowledge and clinical experience and are instructed by Loretto Hospital’s own specialists.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education - The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) is responsible for the Accreditation of post-MD medical training programs within the United States. Accreditation is accomplished through a peer review process and is based upon established standards and guidelines.
- FREDA - FREIDA Online is a database with over 8,700 graduate medical education programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, as well as over 200 combined specialty programs.
- McGraw Medical Center Graduate Medical Education - Northwestern McGaw offers integrated graduate medical education programs to medical school graduates interested in further training at an academic medical center.
- University of Illinois College of Medicine College - The Online GME Core Curriculum has been developed by the Department of Medical Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine in collaboration with participating institutions.
- University of Chicago School of Medicine - The University of Chicago Medicine, in partnership with the University of Chicago Division of Biological Sciences, sponsors graduate medical education (GME) programs. The school offers more than 100 GME opportunities, including a broad range of residency and fellowship programs.
- Advocate BroMenn Medical Center - Advocate BroMenn Medical Center's Postdoctoral training programs are affiliated with the Midwestern University OPTI system (MWUOPTI) and the Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training Institution of Kirksville (OPTIK).
- RUSH University GME Program - Rush University Medical Center is committed to maintaining excellence in our graduate medical education programs and to providing our house staff an environment conducive to outstanding clinical experience, expert teaching and personal well-being.
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education - Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education was one of the first medical specialty teaching programs in the world. More than 23,000 alumni of our residencies and fellowships practice medicine throughout the world. Discover our programs and why graduates credit this training as a key element in their success.
Continuing Education for Nurses
- Illinois Nurses Association - The Illinois Nurses Association offers present and future nurses relative and meaningful continuing education opportunities that are geared toward the needs of today's nursing profession and practice.
- PRWeb - Western Schools is offering guidance and support to help nurses understand their continuing education needs and identify courses that meet the Illinois requirements.
- Illinois Board of Nursing State CE Requirements - Directory for CE requirements for nurses and LPNs.
- Illinois Center for Nursing - Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations.
- Society of Hospital of Medicine - Various listings for hospitalist fellowship programs throughout the United States.
- Feinberg School of Medicine -There are 80 fully accredited residency and fellowship programs available in surgical and medical specialties, with training occurring in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine - A Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship program.
- Advocate Healthcare Cardiology Fellowship - The Fellowship in Cardiology at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center is committed to providing the necessary instruction, educational structure, patient material and support to develop exceptionally trained cardiologists.
- Family Medicine Residency Program (Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship), Belleville, Illinois, - The Saint Louis University Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship is a 12-month program that provides the training needed to diagnose and manage medical illnesses and injuries related to sports and exercise. Fellows gain expertise in injury prevention, pre-participation evaluation, return to play criteria, assessment and management of acute and chronic illnesses and injuries, and rehabilitation. Fellows function as team physicians and serve both individual patients and the community through the promotion of physical fitness and wellness.
- The University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine Fellowship Program - Fellowship Program in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
- SIU School of Medicine Department of Surgery Fellowship Programs - Various fellowship programs offered through the department of surgery.
- Medical Toxicology Fellowship Program at John Stroger Hospital - Training is offered to graduates of Occupation Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, or Internal Medicine. The program includes principles of acute and chronic toxicology, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, environmental toxicology, epidemiology, laboratory toxicology, and research methodology.
- Indiana University Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program - Combined fellowships are offered in Geriatric Oncology/Hematology as a fully integrated program between the 2 subspecialties. With early planning, integrated fellowships in Geriatrics-Palliative care and Geriatrics- Rheumatology can also be arranged following acceptance into both programs.
- Aetna Foundation/NMF Healthcare Leadership Program -The Aetna Foundation and National Medical Fellowships, Inc. are pleased to announce a new Healthcare Leadership Program to help address the severe national shortage of physician-leaders who are committed to the health of underserved communities. This program will provide a $5,000 scholarship to each of 10 2nd and 3rd year medical students from underrepresented minority groups with a commitment to serving medically underserved communities.