Welcome to Loretto Hospital. Every visitor - whether a patient, family
member or friend - is a guest at Loretto Hospital. Our goal is to create
the best possible experience for all visitors. Therefore, we ask that
you please take the time to review the following information to ensure
that both you and our patients’ visit at Loretto Hospital is a pleasant one.
Due to changes in guidelines in light of the Covid Pandemic, please call
773-854-1851 prior to arrival to obtain real time information for the
days and times to visit your loved ones. We apologize in advance for any
inconvenience this may cause.
Loretto Hospital understands that medical information about our patients
is sensitive and is committed to protecting its privacy. As a visitor
of the hospital, please adhere to the following patient privacy guidelines
to ensure that your loved one’s care and treatment remains confidential:
- If you have questions or concerns regarding a family member’s condition,
please remember that all conversations should be conducted at the patient’s
bedside or in the confines of a designated conference room. Please refrain
from discussing the family member’s medical information in the public
- Videotaping, recording and cameras in patient areas are prohibited.
- Please refrain from cell phone use and iPods in all patient care areas.
If you must make a phone call, please step into the family waiting area
or outside of the hospital.
At Loretto Hospital, our patients come first. We strive to better serve
our patients and their families with the safest, highest quality of care,
and to improve the health care experience while they are here. We want
to work with you to ensure that your loved one receives exceptional medical
care and treatment, in a compassionate and safe environment. While you
are visiting our facility, please be mindful of the following regulations:
- Visitors are required to obtain a visitor’s pass at the information desk.
- Visitors will be restricted if the patient’s medical condition warrants.
- We request no more than two (2) visitors per patient allowed in room at one time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult visitor and supervised by the
adult visitor at all times.
- Children under 6 years of age should be admitted as visitors with permission
or can be requested in writing by the attending physician or Chief Executive
Officer of The Loretto Hospital.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when visiting patients.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or
when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
The hospital cafeteria is managed by the Nutritional Services Department
and provides healthy meal choices to employees and visitors.
- The Loretto Hospital is a smoke-free environment.
- Wheelchair Accessible
Loretto Hospital is handicap accessible. There are two main entrances to
Loretto Hospital: the Kimberly A. Lightford Emergency Department entrance
located on Flournoy Street and the main entrance located on Central Avenue.
All patients, visitors, or family members of patients requiring wheelchair
assistance should enter via the Kimberly A. Lightford Emergency Department.
Any patient requiring a wheelchair once you arrive, a member of our security
team will ensure that a wheelchair is available to transport you to your
destination. You may also contact (773) 854-1851 to ensure that a wheelchair
is available prior to your arrival.
Free self-parking is available for all guests in the main parking lot.
Additional parking is available on Harrison Street adjacent to the Loretto
Hospital’s main campus. Parking lots are maintained and monitored
by The Loretto Hospital public safety personnel.
Loretto Hospital is conveniently located at 645 S. Central Avenue, just
off I-290 West in the Austin Community.