Welcome to Loretto Hospital. Every visitor - whether a patient, family member or friend - is a guest at Loretto Hospital. Our goal is to create the best possible experience for all visitors. Therefore, we ask that you please take the time to review the following information to ensure that both you and our patients’ visit at Loretto Hospital is a pleasant one.
Loretto Hospital understands that medical information about our patients is sensitive and is committed to protecting its privacy. As a visitor of the hospital, please adhere to the following patient privacy guidelines to ensure that your loved one’s care and treatment remains confidential:
- If you have questions or concerns regarding a family member’s condition, please remember that all conversations should be conducted at the patient’s bedside or in the confines of a designated conference room. Please refrain from discussing the family member’s medical information in the public waiting area.
- Videotaping, recording and cameras in patient areas are prohibited.
- Please refrain from cell phone use and iPods in all patient care areas. If you must make a phone call, please step into the family waiting area or outside of the hospital.
At Loretto Hospital, our patients come first. We strive to better serve our patients and their families with the safest, highest quality of care, and to improve the health care experience while they are here. We want to work with you to ensure that your loved one receives exceptional medical care and treatment, in a compassionate and safe environment. While you are visiting our facility, please be mindful of the following regulations:
- Visitors are required to obtain a visitor’s pass at the information desk.
- Visitors will be restricted if the patient’s medical condition warrants.
- We request no more than two (2) visitors per patient allowed in room at one time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult visitor and supervised by the adult visitor at all times.
- Children under 6 years of age should be admitted as visitors with permission or can be requested in writing by the attending physician or Chief Executive Officer of The Loretto Hospital.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when visiting patients.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
The hospital cafeteria is managed by the Nutritional Services Department and provides healthy meal choices to employees and visitors.
- The Loretto Hospital is a smoke-free environment.
- Wheelchair Accessible
Loretto Hospital is handicap accessible. There are two main entrances to Loretto Hospital: the Kimberly A. Lightford Emergency Department entrance located on Flournoy Street and the main entrance located on Central Avenue. All patients, visitors, or family members of patients requiring wheelchair assistance should enter via the Kimberly A. Lightford Emergency Department. Any patient requiring a wheelchair once you arrive, a member of our security team will ensure that a wheelchair is available to transport you to your destination. You may also contact (773) 854-1851 to ensure that a wheelchair is available prior to your arrival.
Free self-parking is available for all guests in the main parking lot. Additional parking is available on Harrison Street adjacent to the Loretto Hospital’s main campus. Parking lots are maintained and monitored by The Loretto Hospital public safety personnel.