The Loretto Hospital Clinical Research Department
The Loretto Hospital has launched a new FDA-approved clinical trials program!
The new clinical trials program is a collaboration with, and fully funded by
Affinity Health. Together, The Loretto Hospital and Affinity will research new effective
and safe medical treatments for a host of medical conditions.
Current studies include:
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Heart Failure
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Low Testosterone
If you have been diagnosed with any of these conditions, you may qualify
to participate in one of our studies. Qualified participants have access to:
- Free medication throughout the clinical trial
- Free health care over the course of the study
- Free transportation to doctor’s visits
- Compensation for your time
Help us improve the landscape of health and health care on the Greater
West Side of Chicago.
To learn more about The Loretto Hospital’s Clinical Trials program,
or to learn how you or a loved one can participate in one of our studies,
please fill out the form below or call 800-268-2175.
About Clinical Studies
Clinical studies are designed to add to medical knowledge related to the
treatment, diagnosis, and prevention of diseases or conditions. Some common
reasons for conducting clinical studies include:
- Evaluating one or more interventions (for example, drugs, medical devices,
approaches to surgery or radiation therapy) for treating a disease, syndrome,
- Finding ways to prevent the initial development or recurrence of a disease
or condition. These can include medicines, vaccines, or lifestyle changes,
among other approaches.
- Evaluating one or more interventions aimed at identifying or diagnosing
a particular disease or condition
- Examining methods for identifying a condition or the risk factors for that condition
- Exploring and measuring ways to improve the comfort and quality of life
through supportive care for people with a chronic illness
To learn more about clinical trials and clinical studies, clinicaltrials.gov or
Download Flyer Here